"Sorry I can't be there, we have moved."
"We moved from San Antonio and now live in South Carolina and I haven't been able to find a local prolife group."
"I have to take care of my mother at home so I can't make it to the sidewalk."
"I have to work."
"I live out of town and it is too far of a drive."
"I have class."
Have no fear! Parking Space Prayer is here!
These are just a few of the reasons we have heard recently of why prayer warriors can't make it out to the sidewalks of abortion clinics in San Antonio to stand peacefully and prayerfully.
For the first time ever, we have started a program that allows individuals to participate on our sidewalk here in San Antonio from all over the world!
The Parking Space Prayer.
There are 56 parking spaces at Planned Parenthood on 104 Babcock Road. We have decided to invite people of faith and conscience from all over the world to pray for those who park in individual parking spaces.
When you email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (210)737-2235 with your name and email or address, we will send you a prayer card with a car on the front and the below optional prayer on the back. This by no means replaces our presence on the sidewalk but helps add to the effort of flooding the heavens with prayer of petition and thanksgiving. If physically and geographically possible, your presence on the sidewalk is vitally important to witness to the public the injustice of the abortion industry as well as a peaceful, prayerful witness to those going in and out of the facilities. Please prayerfully consider, if physically possible, an hour a week to stand peacefully and prayerfully at the frontlines of this spiritual battle. But for those who can't or those who wish to add to their efforts on the sidewalk please participate in this effort!
"Heavenly Father, I ask you to bless those who park in this space today. Open their hearts and minds to the beauty that exists in the creation of life at the moment of conception.
Jeremiah 1:5 says "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you...". for those who park in this place today, I ask that you will open their eyes to Your truth, knowing that You have created each of us for a time and purpose. for those not considering abortion who come to this "clinic" today I ask that their needs will be answered in finding new and better resources for healthcare.
Finally Father, I ask for your special guidance for the abortion clinic staff that may park here today. Psalm 86:4-5 states, "for you, O Lord, are good and forgiving, abounding in steadfast love to all who call upon you, O Lord, and seek forgiveness. We ask these things in Jesus' name. Amen."
Here are those that are participating during this Fall 2013 40 Days for Life campaign with the space number next to their name:
(last updated 10/2/13 9:00am)
- Barbara M. (San Antonio, Tx)
- Pamela (Lindsay, Tx)
- Tiffany R.
- Veronica S. (San Antonio, Tx)
- Rosie M.
- Amber S. (Lindsay, Tx)
- Lorraine R. and family
- Kelly C. (San Antonio, Tx)
- Helena C. (Spring Branch, Tx)
- Peggy (Lindsay, Tx)
- LuElla (Lindsay, Tx)
- Alice R. (San Antonio, Tx)
- Joe D. (San Antonio, Tx)
- Raymond S (San Antonio, Tx)
- Tricia D. (Helotes, Tx)
- David D. (Helotes, Tx)
- Clair H. (San Antonio, Tx)
- Nicki P. (San Antonio, Tx)
- Margie G. (San Antonio, Tx)
- Carlos Z. (San Antonio, Tx)
- Marie D. (San Antonio, Tx)
- Gabrielle P. (San Antonio, Tx)
- Elia P. (San Antonio, Tx)
- Peter R. (San Antonio, Tx)
- Merwyn & Cecile C. (San Antonio, Tx)
- June L. (San Antonio, Tx)
- Ed P. (New Braunfels, Tx)
- Sara P. (New Braunfels, Tx)
- Kristin V. (San Antonio, Tx)
- Andrew & Katlin F. (San Antonio, Tx)
- Emily L. (College Station, Tx)
- Mary L. (College Station, Tx)
- Rebecca P. (San Antonio, Tx)
- Beth S.
- Ramirez Family (San Antonio, Tx)
- Noel S.
- Cristi O. (San Antonio, Tx)
- Sofia M. (San Antonio, Tx)
- Lorna C. (San Antonio, Tx)
- Paul K. (San Antonio, Tx)
- Ken H. (San Antonio, Tx)
- Taylor P. (San Antonio, Tx)