Click here to download 2016 English Flier in full color.
40 Days for Life is a community-based campaign that draws attention to the evil of abortion while offering alternatives to those in crisis pregnancy through the use of a three-point program:
- Prayer and Fasting
- Constant Vigil
- Community Outreach
Vision and mission
40 Days for Life is a focused pro-life campaign with a vision to access God’s power through prayer, fasting, and peaceful vigil to end abortion in America.
The mission of the campaign is to bring together the body of Christ in a spirit of unity during a focused 40 day campaign of prayer, fasting, and peaceful activism, with the purpose of repentance, to seek God’s favor to turn hearts and minds from a culture of death to a culture of life, thus bringing an end to abortion in America.
All vigil participants are asked to sign the statement of peace. Click here to print and sign.
Updated map coming soon.
Christ told us some demons can only be driven out by prayer and fasting. The two go hand in hand. Prayer keeps us rooted in the fact that it is our desire to carry out God's will. Fasting is a sacrifice that helps us reach beyond our own limitations with God's help.
Fasting is not a Christian diet; it is a form of physical prayer. You can fast from food, TV, alcohol ... anything that separates you from God.
The most visible component of 40 Days for Life is a constant prayer vigil outside a place where children are aborted. It is the hope that the vigil can be maintained 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Here in San Antonio we do 12 hour per day, six days a week.
It is a prayerful witness to the clinic's patients and employees, and to the entire community, that evil is in our midst and that with God's help, it will be defeated.
During 40 Days for Life, the pro-life message is proactively taken to the community through focused, grassroots educational efforts. People are given the opportunity to visibly show their support for 40 Days for Life.
A door-to-door petition and education drive reaches out. Informational flyers can raise awareness about abortion. Church involvement, media contact and campus outreach also contribute.
The SACFL team can also make presentation about 40 Days for Life to your church group or school at no charge.
What 40 Days for Life has witnessed (so far)
During these unified efforts, participants witnessed countless blessings from God:
- 3,038 individual campaigns have taken place in 539 cities
- More than 625,000 have joined together in an historic display of unity to pray and fast for an end to abortion
- More than 17,000 church congregations have participated in the 40 Days for Life campaigns
- Reports document 8,973 lives that have been spared from abortion — and those are just the ones we know about
- 101 abortion workers have quit their jobs and walked away from the abortion industry
- 50 abortion facilities completely shut down following local 40 Days for Life campaigns
- Hundreds of women and men have been spared from the tragic effects of abortion, including a lifetime of regrets
- More than 2,100 news stories have been featured in newspapers, magazines, radio shows and TV programs from coast to coast ... and overseas
- Many people with past abortion experiences have stepped forward to begin post-abortion healing and recovery
After so many years of legalized abortion, many people of faith are experiencing a renewed sense of HOPE!
Sign up today at the location below:
2140 Babcock Planned Parenthood
Would you like a presentation made to your church or group about 40 Days for Life? Or just more information? Contact us! email@example.com or (210)737-2235
Many churches or organizations sign up to cover an entire day. This is a huge help for the team. If you would like more information on how to do this please contact us. While Saturdays are easier to schedule we truly appreciate the help on weekdays.
The following are the churches who have signed up for a day. If your church is listed and would like to join them let us know.
10/14/2016 St. Joseph - Honey Creek
10/15/2016 St. Matthew
10/22/2016 OLPH - Selma
10/29/2016 St. Mark the Evangelist